(a little late but...)
Amelia is 9 months old!
I'm not going to do it....I'm not going to say it again I promise...but I can't help it because it's true...oh I give up..HOW IS MY LITTLE BABY 9 MONTHS OLD! Time is flying by at an alarming rate. They say the days are long but the years fly by and its true! Sometimes when we are having an especially rough day I have to remind myself that she will only be little for a short time and the hard times will pass and the good times will pass even faster!
Since our last update Amelia has made some serious strides! On July 24th she started crawling on hands and knees...otherwise known as the normal way, LOL. She would only go a few "steps" at a time and move right down to her belly and motor around army crawl style....well today is August 22nd and that is still what she is doing. It appears she knows how to crawl but just prefers the army crawl as a faster method getting to her destination!
On July 28th Amelia mastered sitting up from the crawling position, she even learned how to do this in her crib!
On July 30th she began pulling herself to standing on a Toddler cot at Grandma's. This was her first attempt at pulling up without the support of Mommy or Daddy's legs. She was still pretty wobbly at this point but she loved crawling to us and grabbing our hands and standing up! Well, that wobble didn't last long. Within a couple days Eric and I witnessed what I believe was the first true pull to full standing on her walking toy! (we make Grandma not tell us if she does something for the first time at daycare...)
Unfortunately this attempt ended a little tragically with the toy sliding and her falling backwards but she didn't let that phase her and began pulling to standing on anything she could get to! Now nothing is off limits and she even is starting to side step. She is still pushing up on her toes pretty often when standing but I think she will be walking before we know it. My mom tells me I basically skipped crawling and started walking at 9 months so maybe Amelia will be like her mommy!
Now for the real fun....She figured out that she could stand up in her crib....
Which led to this...
Yep, she is sleeping standing up...this was a 45 minute nap battle that ended in basically no afternoon nap...really fun for mommy and daddy! Needless to say we lowered the crib to the lowest setting...at least we can avoid this for a bit longer. The funny thing is she absolutely knows how to sit down from standing, she does it all the time during the day, she just refused! Stubborn girl!
Although the last couple weeks have been a bit rough due to some teeth cutting...we are loving this time with our precious girl. Here are some more fun facts about Miss Amelia at 9 months:
- Says dadadada all the time, says ma ma when she is really upset...I guess its something! Makes the pa, na and ga sounds. Says WOAH and is working on uh oh! Tries to copy the sounds we make.
- Waves Bye Bye when she feels like it...
- Eats 3 meals a day with an afternoon snack
- Nurses (or gets a bottle at daycare) 4-5 times a day depending on naps
- 2 Naps a day (hooray), a morning nap around 9 that last 1-1.5 hours and an afternoon nap around 1 that lasts 2-3 hours!
- Still heading to bed around 7:30 PM and waking between 6 and 7 AM
- Cut her third tooth on August 13th, top left, working on the 4th, top right
- size 3 diapers
- Mostly 6-9, 9 month and 6-12 month clothes although a few 6 months items still fit
- Weight: 18 pounds and 5.5 ounces, 52th percentile
- Height: 28.5 Inches, 80th percentile
- Her head is in the 70th percentile...thanks dad! :)
- LOVES: Cell phones, remote controls, shoes, watches, pulling to standing on ANYTHING, looking at herself and talking to herself in the mirror (really need a video of this)
- Not so much: diaper changes, being confined,
- Pretty much done sucking her thumb! She still occasionally uses it to soothe herself back to sleep but that's it!