Wednesday, October 26, 2011

36 Weeks

How the Baby is growing:

This week Baby Girl W weighs almost 6 pounds, like a crenshaw melon (whatever that is...) and measures more than 18 and 1/2 inches long!


I sort of think she may be even bigger than 6 pounds, especially due to my crazy weight gain at my last doc apt (nothing to worry about but more than I usually put on between appointments). I asked the doctor her prediction for birth weight and she said she thought right around 8 pounds. That may sound large to you people but considering I was 10 pounds 11 ounces( you read that right, almost 11 pounds...but I was 4 weeks and 1 day late) and Eric was 8 pounds 7 ounces ...an 8 pound baby sounds just fine to me!!!

How I am changing:

My belly is still growing! :) And by the looks of it I have dropped! When you compare pics from the last few weeks you can see where my belly used to be rounded starting right below the breasts but now it is more sloped like a teardrop.

I have been feeling much better than I was a few weeks ago! (Thank the lord) I am really starting to feel the exhaustion though. I find that on Tuesdays (when I have court and I am on my feet all day) I apparently use of my energy for the week. I come home ready to crash and I don't seem to recover until the weekend! Doesn't make for the most productive employee but I'm doing my best!

I am still feeling the dreaded heartburn and although I'm not really having "morning sickness" I did get sick in the middle of the night and I think heartburn is to blame. Last night I tried sleeping with an extra pillow so I would be more elevated, I think it helped with the heartburn but it wasn't too comfortable considering I am supposed to sleep on my side. Tonight I will have to try something different.

Fun Stuff:

This week we decided to hire a doula to assist during labor. If you don't know what a doula is she is essentially a labor coach. Someone with experience with labor that can help you achieve the labor experience you want. I'm really excited!

We also decided on our Pediatrician this week. We were able to meet with a doctor at Pediatric Associates and we really liked her!

We did a little more work on the last minute nursery touches this past weekend as well. No picture updates just yet but as soon as we are officially done I will post pics, I promise! It is looking so good and coming together just like a pictured it!

My friend Lindsay's due date is this Friday! Think good thoughts for her as this is her first child! Love you Lindsay Sue! You can do it!


2 comments:

  1. Nikki- A doula was the best decision I ever made. With Elaina I didn't have one and didn't go into labor as educated as I should have been (for wanting an unmedicated birth). I ended up with an epidural and medical interventions. With Oliver we had a doula (and even switched doctors to one who believes that the momma is in charge...not the medical staff for the most part)...and I had a wonderful experience. Without her (and of course my wonderfully supportive husband...can't forget them!) I don't think I would have had as great an experience! Good luck with everything! It's getting close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great to hear Beth. I really hope I can have as good of a birth experience as you did!

    ReplyDelete