Saturday, February 25, 2012

3 Months Old!

Wow am I behind...


12 Weeks


13 Weeks


14 Weeks


Amelia is 3 months old!

We had a rough couple of weeks but we are back to "normal" now...or at least we have a new normal. Last I posted Amelia was sleeping like a champ, even making it a 9.5 hour stretch one night and 8.5 to 9 hours a few others. Then it happened...call it 3 month sleep regression, or a growth spurt, I don't know but it was AWFUL. Amelia went from 9.5 hours to waking up every 4 hours (not too bad), then every 3 hours (a little tougher)...then every 1.5 hours for two nights. I literally did not sleep for over 48 hours and I was EXHAUSTED. I finally ended up going to my moms for the day after the two awful nights and sleeping while she watched her and waking only to feed her. After the two nights from H**L things started slowly getting better...she went back to every 4 hours, then got up to 5 hour, then 6 and even 7.5 once and now we are steady at between 6 and 7 every night. Hopefully she will make it back to 9.5 but I can handle this. Especially since...(drum roll please)... I went back to work on Monday February 20th. :( As I am writing this I am finishing up my first week back to work and it has been interesting. I will admit it as not as terrible as I made it out to be in my head in anticipation but I won't say I am happy about it either. I am in the most incredibly fortunate situation having my mom keep Amelia while I work. I don't have to worry if she is safe and happy and I know my mom will care for her in the manner I would. But...I would rather be there with her than anywhere else. The thought of missing her first time doing so many things brings tears to my eyes but I know that me working right now is what is best for our family. Hopefully I wont have to work full time for her whole life but if I do we will just make it work!

Now on to more fun things...Amelia is growing and developing like a champ. After our little growth spurt/feeding frenzy she has officially grown out of all of her newborn clothes and some of her 0-3 month clothes. Her little cheeks are huge and her legs and arms have adorable little baby rolls!

Amelia is grasping toys and bringing them to her mouth on a regular basis. She loves her Sophie Giraffe. (which is essentially a dog toy and really confuses Elle...sorry but its true)



Amelia lights up when I pick her up from daycare and again when dad gets home from work. I know that she knows who we are but its nice to be reassured on a daily basis.


She is still drooling like crazy and gnawing on toys, her hands and our fingers. She even chews on the paci more than she sucks on it so I feel confident we are in the beginning stages of the teething process. It could be months before we see a tooth however.

Amelia had her 3 month photo shoot last night with Monica at Parkonnen Photography. She did so well! We even got MULTIPLE smiling shots on her tummy!
Speaking of tummy she is doing a lot better with tummy time. I try to make it a happy time and cheer and encourage her with clapping and smiling so she gets excited about it. She hasn't rolled over yet but she is SO close. She practices in her crib at night (sometimes in her sleep) and on her playmat. She rolls from her back to her side and just hangs out for a bit, then sometimes she will turn her head down in preparation to roll, she just needs a little extra umph to get past her arm and she will be over!



She has almost discovered her feet. She grabs her legs when she is on her back and got one foot one time but I think it might have been on accident. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment