Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Cupcake 1st Birthday Party: the details

For Amelia's First Birthday party I wanted to do something simple and sweet, a theme, but nothing too crazy. After pinning away on Pinterest I was inspired by this invitation:


 I didn't want to have to print them myself so I showed the image to a good friend who designs invitations and she made a similar one for Amelia! Thank you Sara Theisen Design! (She also does INCREDIBLE baby announcements!)

I didn't go too crazy on decorations. I made everything and had fun doing it. I tend to get a little stressed out throwing parties so I didn't want to give myself too much to stress about. 

I made this birthday wreath out of tulle to hang on the door. It turned out great and was absolutely worth the time because I can replace the 1 with a 2, 3, 4, etc as the years go on. 

Inspiration found on Etsy but no longer available.

I made a photo banner using the monthly shots I took throughout the year to document her growth and I hung it on the mantel in the living room. I took some inspiration from Pinterest but I basically just winged it. 


I made several tissue poms using this tutorial


Above the food table covered with homemade goodies and purchased cupcakes I hung a homemade bunting flag banner that said "Happy Birthday Amelia."


We served homemade Oreo pops (made by Nana), hummus and crackers, fruit kabobs, a veggie tray, pinwheels and pigs in a blanket (made by Grandma Wagner). And of course the beautiful and delicious cupcakes from Cupcake Creations. 


I decorated Amelia's high chair for the infamous cake smash with a small banner stating "I AM 1"
 and a few balloons. 


Inspiration found here

I'd say the party was a (cake)SMASHING success! 









No comments:

Post a Comment