Monday, July 11, 2011

21 Weeks

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby GIRL W should weigh about 12 ounces ( I say should because we were told at the Ultrasound last Wednesday that she already weighs 13!) and measures about 10 1/2 inches long, about the length of a carrot! (or as long as a beer bottle!)


How I am changing:

Baby Girl W is really moving now. At first when I thought I felt the baby move it would be one little flutter and then nothing for a few days. Then I started feeling something everyday but only at night when I was laying down. Now I am feeling her move all day, whether I am laying down or standing up! It is so wonderful! Eric was finally able to feel her move as well and I am so happy I am able to share the experience with him.

(Waving Hi to Mom and Dad!)

There's an old wives's tale that says little girls steal your beauty...well...lets just say I should have known I was having a girl when I started teenager style breaking out the day I found out I was pregnant. Thankfully it has calmed down quite a bit now that my body is much more used to the surge of hormones but I am still breaking out way more than I used to. I guess its a small price to pay to have a beautiful little girl!

My belly is still growing strong! I think I have reached the point where there is no mistaking my pregnant belly! (which is nice since I previously just looked like I had a big lunch...)


Fun stuff:

We started shopping for nursery furniture last weekend and it was more than a little stressful! It seems like there are just so many options of styles and colors! We ran into a little roadblock immediately as Eric wanted raised back with dark wood and I wanted raised sides with white or off white finish. We didn't end up leaving the store with any purchases but we got a good idea of prices and we hope to make a final decision soon. We also came to a compromise that we would go with a raised back crib in a white or off white finish! Team work!

No comments:

Post a Comment