Thursday, July 21, 2011

22 Weeks

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby Girl W should weigh almost 1 pound (Again I say should as according to our ultrasound she was a little bigger than what the website I usually reference said she would be, not too much and the tech said she was perfect!) and measures about 11 inches, the length of a Spaghetti Squash! (Or about the size of an overinflated football for the next three weeks!)


This week our baby girl is really starting to look like a mini newborn!

How I am changing:

THANK YOU LORD JESUS I seem to be over the sickness hump! (knock on wood repeatedly!) For the last week I have genuinley felt BETTER! I don't feel instant nausea when I get out of bed, I have only had 1 random visit to the porcelan gods, I just feel BETTER! I also really feel like I am starting to gain weight much more rapidly, I am fully aware that this is going to happen it has just felt a little strange since I didnt gain a single pound in the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy! I just hope that now that Im gaining I am gaining an appropriate amount at an appropriate rate...I guess Ill find out when I go to the doctor today!



No other serious changes to report! (Although I did get a haircut yesterday!)

The fun stuff:

We are heading out again this weekend to look at furniture and HOPEFULLY we will at least purchase the big items. I think I have decided that I am going to try to have my crib bedding made. I am just not happy with the selection that is available to me and I have a friend whose mother in law made bedding for another friend at a totally reasonable price. Now I just have to find the right fabric! :)

The big question...

Since the day we found out that our little baby is a girl the first question out of everyones mouths has been: "Have you picked out a name?" The short answer is no...but there is also a long answer. We do have the name narrowed down to three choices. We love each one and we are working on adressesing the baby by each name to see which one fits. However....when we decide we are not going to share. We have decided to keep the babys name to ourselves until she is born. I have been persuaded to share the initials so my monogramming loving friends and family can buy fun personalized gifts (at their request!) but that is it! I am excited to have this special secret between just me and Eric and it will be so fun to announce her to the world for the first time when she is born! Sorry guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment