Tuesday, July 5, 2011

20 Weeks - halfway there!

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby W weighs about 10 1/2 ounces and measures around 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel, about the length of a banana (or apparently the size of one nice boob!). Up until week 20 babies legs are curled up against his or her torso and hard to measure so measurements are taken from head to rump, now that Baby W has more room to spread out we can measure from head to heal! Baby W is swallowing more and more and can now recognize different tastes! Baby W is starting to recognize tastes and will more easily eat things outside the womb that he or she tasted inside the womb...guess I better start eating more vegetables! ;)



How I am changing:

I felt pretty good this week, I think I only got sick once. My belly is still growing like crazy, I really need to find some maternity shorts that fit. I had one non-maternity pair that was low rise enough that I could still wear it...um...not anymore.


I'm feeling the Baby move more and more, hopefully Eric will feel it move soon!

We have our anatomy ultrasound tomorrow so assuming Baby W cooperates we will know the sex tomorrow! We started our Baby Registry at Babies R Us yesterday but we left a lot of things off because we wanted to wait to find out the sex before we picked a color or style. Next weekend we plan to register at Target and hopefully buy our nursery furniture.

We had a fabulous Fourth of July weekend. Although it did not include any boat or beach time like I would have liked we did get to spend some great quality time with friends and get a lot done around the house. Eric even got to feel his first baby in belly movement, our friend Jenye is 35 weeks and Baby Z was kicking like crazy at the baseball game...must be a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment