Wednesday, June 29, 2011

19 Weeks

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby W measures 6 inches, about the size of a large heirloom tomato (or a mango or a softball), and weighs about 8 and 1/2 ounces. Little guy or girl is really growing now! Apparently Baby W's sensory development is full effect this week! His or Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch!





How I am changing:

I'm not really...just getting bigger I guess! I (thankfully) haven't experienced any new nasty symptoms. The only thing to report is that I am pretty sure I am feeling Baby W move semi regularly. I notice it the most when I'm eating or laying down watching TV. Its kind of a flutter...kind of a suctiony (is that a word?) feeling. Its pretty exciting and I can't wait until Eric can feel it as well!



We had another doctor's appointment this week and were able to hear the heartbeat again. Still on the high side at 151 but its progressively going down about 10 beats per minute each month, weird! Although I tried to convince the Doctor that we should do the ultrasound right then (she said No :( ) we did schedule it for Wed July 6th! One week from today we will know if Baby W is a girl or a boy!!! CRAZY! Plus this Sunday I will be at the official halfway point of the pregnancy. Time is really going by a lot faster now that I'm not sick everyday! I CANNOT WAIT to start buying furniture and fun little outfits and registering for baby showers! My wonderful friends and family are already hard at work planning a Spartanburg, Greenville and Iowa shower. I am so blessed!

Happy 4th of July weekend! (in a few days!)





No comments:

Post a Comment