Tuesday, June 7, 2011

16 Weeks

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby W measures 4 1/2 inches, about the size of an avocado, and weighs 3 1/2 ounces!


How I am changing: 

Lies I tell you, All lies! So many people told me it would all go away...and they were wrong! Although my nausea and vomiting are certainly better they did not leave when I entered the 2nd Trimester! I still feel pretty icky when I wake up in the morning but I usually feel better once I eat...usually. I have had the occasional daytime sickness this week. The headaches and heartburn are still present as well. 

We have officially entered summer in South Carolina and man is it hot. We are pretty much in the 90's everyday and I find that I am MUCH less tolerant of the heat than I have been in previous South Carolina summers. I attempted to work in the yard with Eric and lets just say that didn't turn out too well...I wont be doing that again! I'm also finding that I have NO stamina for physical activity, I feel very tired and almost winded if I have to walk for long periods of time or walk up large flights of stairs (which I do everyday to get to my office!). 

Body changes: (disclaimer: do not read if you do not want to hear about Belly and Boobs!) :) 

Oh the one positive pregnancy symptom...growing Boobies! :)  I pretty much do not fit any bra that I owned pre-pregnancy...and that is saying a lot considering I used to work at Victoria's Secret! I've been trying to hold out to purchase new bras because the semi annual sale starts next week and I don't want to spend $40 on a new bra when I might not be done growing! 

Eric and I made a day trip to Asheville last weekend to visit the closest Gap Maternity store and I am so glad we did. I was able to find three (!!!!) awesome pairs of work pants that do not give me a saggy behind! They look and feel like normal clothes and they were worth every penny! (Especially since I got 40% off my entire purchase!) I think I have officially reached the point where I no longer can button any of my pre-pregnancy pants. I can still wear some of them with the belly band and I'm going to keep doing that as long as I can to get a little variety considering I only one three pairs of maternity pants. I'm hoping to find a few more pairs of pants by the time I can no longer use the belly band. 



No comments:

Post a Comment