Thursday, August 18, 2011

26 Weeks and The Dreaded Glucola!

So I missed 25 weeks...sorry! I got busy, forgot to take a pic and the next thing I knew the week was over and I hadn't posted...so here we are!

How the baby is growing:

This week Baby Girl W weighs about a pound and two thirds and measures about 14 inches, the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber! (or a work boot!)
Baby girls hearing is really developing now as she can hear when mommy and daddy talk to her!

How I am changing:

Still exhausted and not too sick...although I did have a little bout after the Glucolo but we will get to that. I'm getting bigger everyday it seems and  really looking pregnant!


 
I had a new and painful experience this week...Round Ligament Pain. Its essentially a shooting pain that stretches from below your abdomen up around the side of the belly. I think I have had it a little bit before but this one was out of the park bad! So bad that I had to lay down for 2 hours AND take Tylenol for the first time in my pregnancy! Thankfully that seemed to do the trick and I haven't had it again since. Here's to hoping I don't get it that bad again!

Its funny because before I was pregnant I always wondered why pregnant women are always touching their bellies. Well...between the kicks and the pains and the itching (soooooo itchy!!!)  I cant keep my hands off of it! Now I know!

The dreaded Glucola:

At my appointment today I did the dreaded Glucose test where they force you to drink a nasty sugary 8 oz drink in 5 minutes, wait an hour, and then test your blood to make sure you processed the sugar appropriately and are not at risk for Gestational Diabetes. 140 is apparently the magic number and if you are over that number you have to come back and take a 3 hour test which involves more drinking and more waiting. Thankfully I passed with flying colors with a healthy 104! No 3 hour test for me!

Baby Girl is measuring right on track and has a healthy heartbeat of 152...pretty consistent for the last few visits.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and then I have to start going more frequently, 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, then every week! I cannot believe we get to meet this little girl in about 13 weeks! It can't come soon enough!

We have been working hard on the Nursery and Baby Bathroom and I will post pics as soon as we are done! Eric's grandma is visiting in two weeks and will be doing our window treatments! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment