Sunday, December 18, 2011

4 weeks/1 month

(counting a baby's age is confusing...just like pregnancy, LOL!)

Amelia turned 4 weeks on Thursday (my 29th birthday!) and 1 month on Saturday!




We had a big milestone this week, Amelia had her first bottle on Friday December 9th! We wanted to start giving her one bottle a day so she will take the bottle when she goes to daycare at my mom's when I go back to work. (sadface) Daddy gave her the bottle and she took it like a champ! If only she would take the paci then we would be set! It kind of funny because I NEVER thought I would be upset that my child would not take a pacifier but when they are too little to self sooth themselves it would be really nice to have the option of a pacifier! I have heard that some kids will take it when they get a little older so we will keep trying for now.




Unfortunately we are still having sleep issues. Amelia doesn't seem to want to nap during the day and is sleeping for super short stints during the night which is really tough on me! Eric helps as much as he can but his 5 AM wake up call comes pretty early! I thought maybe this wasn't going to be a problem for us because she had gotten up to about 5.5 hours straight but then things just went downhill. I'm lucky if I get a 3 hour chunk of sleep at this point! Another problem we are having is that she doesn't always want to go right back to sleep after she wakes up and eats...and she HATES the swaddle so she fights to get out of it. We are going to keep swaddling because I know it helps her sleep longer when she isn't startling herself with her flailing arms! Wish us luck for better sleep.

On a good note I am absolutely sure she knows my voice! One morning when she was fussy and waking up but her eyes weren't open yet I started talking to her and you could just tell she knew it was me and it comforted her! It absolutely MELTED my heart! I love that little girl more than I could ever imagine...even if she never lets me sleep!

Eric stayed home on my birthday to hang out with me and Amelia. We went to our FAVORITE breakfast/lunch spot Mon Amie. Its a newer restaurant in Spartanburg that specializes in Crepes! It is incredible. We did a little shopping afterwards and Amelia was a a trouper and pretty much slept the whole time! She does so well whenever we run errands and it ensures she gets a good nap in for the day!

We finally got Amelia's name up above her crib! We have had it forever but we didn't want to put it up before the birth since we weren't sharing the name and then we just got a little busy after she was born! With this up the nursery is essentially complete! I still have some pics to add in to the wall collage and there are a few other things I will add to the room over time but I am really happy with how it turned out! Right now we are basically only using it to store her clothes and for the occasional rock in her beautiful chair but its nice to know its ready for her when she needs it! Speaking of clothes...as much as I do not want her to grow up too fast I will be so happy when she fits into all of her 0-3 clothes because I am getting tired of rotating the small collection of newborn outfits!


(kind of hard to see in the pic but the wall is green, her name is in white and the A is in purple)

One more pic of my sweet girl for good measure...


1 comment:

  1. Soooo cute! Can't wait to meet her!! Don't worry about the sleeping thing, she will get on a better schedule soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete