Wednesday, December 21, 2011

5 Weeks

5 weeks old already!



Time is flying, I cannot believe Amelia is already 5 weeks old. Thursday is another special day... it's Grandma Fessler's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! 

Well we had a HUGE milestone this week...mommy and daddy had their first night out without Amelia. Grandma Fessler babysat and we went out to eat for my birthday at Two Samuels (yum!) and even met up with Kelly and Jay for a few drinks at our favorite pre baby bar Main St Pub. I didn't go too crazy but I did have my first shot in about a year! Jay FORCED me to take a Jager Bomb...it was not as good as I remember it, LOL!

On Saturday we went to Hudson Harvey's 3rd birthday party at Pump it up. Although Amelia is WAY too young to get anything out of a place like that we thought it was awesome and is absolutely something we will consider for future birthdays. Great job Kelly and Jay on a wonderful party and Happy Birthday Hudson!

The Sleep battles.... Things actually got worse before they got better, we had a few ROUGH days and nights and I really thought I was going to lose it. But then things got better! Don't get me wrong, it could still be better, LOL, but progress is progress! The last few nights she has slept a little longer and has pretty much gone right back to bed after waking up to eat. I'm still exhausted and I really need to work on napping during the day but I will take what I can get!

Amelia is more awake and more alert every day. She also seems like she could roll over at any moment. I know all parents think their child is advanced but it seems like her neck is so strong and she will be doing things before we know it!

On Thursday Grandma and Grandpa Wagner got in town for Christmas! They brought yummy treats, loads of presents and lots of love! They say Amelia has grown so much and although I know its true its hard to see how much when you see her everyday.




1 comment: