Monday, February 24, 2014

Baby #2: 12 Weeks

Edited to add: written 11/18/13

Symptoms:

So I didnt write about 10 or 11 weeks because it was much of the same. Take Zofran, try not to throw up, throw up anyways, just try to make it through the days...what fun! Amelia has watched more TV in the last monthish than I would care to admit but a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. Im almost afraid to write this for fear of jinxing but it SEEMS like I might be turning a corner with this whole "morning" (read: ALL DAY AND NIGHT) sickness. This past weekend we traveled to Iowa to visit with some cousins and attend a college friends wedding. I woke up Saturday morning feeling more normal than I have felt in weeks. I continued to take my meds but had more energy (and less vomitting) than usual! I was up pretty late Saturday for the wedding so I was exhausted when i woke Sunday, but still less nauseaus! I did get pretty sick on the car ride and when i got home but i attribute that more to my late night and car ride more than anything because its now Tuesday and im still feeling better! im absolutely still reliant on the meds and still pretty tired but this is MUCH better than the last several weeks so ill take it!

On the positive side i had another OB appointment and baby is looking great with a strong healthy heartbeat in the 160s. (they are much less specific at this practice)

I'm still losing weight and not getting enough water but I'm confident that will get better as i continue to feel better! No belly pics yet as there is nothing to see. ill probably start next week regardless.

Amelia is the sweetest little companion ever. She is so motherly and nurturing. When I'm having a particularly bad day she looks at me and says "Its ok Mommy." Love that girl!

Stats:

12 weeks
Down about 6 pounds
Still sick, but better!
Sleeping pretty good but must immediately use the restroom upon waking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment